Monday, June 28, 2010

Busy season


They say 'when it rains, it pours'. It would seem that everyone wants to have a show at the same time. This happened in early Spring also. Everyone wanted '5-10' works for this show or that. Which is fine...unless 4 or 5 people want 5-10 works. I just dont have that kind of inventory. I'm happy to say, that , yes, while I should paint more and have a larger inventory, I've been selling enough that I keep less on hand than I'd like.
This week, we have an opening at the Spruill Gallery here in Atlanta. It's a show that celebrates 35 years of the educational and gallery portions of the Spruill Center for the Arts. This show in particular showcases instructor works. I have 2 paintings in the show. I've posted them here before. The two in the show are the 'Four eggs and a funeral" and the 'still life with Sunflower" painting. I really like them both, but I'd be a happy camper if they'd sell.
Here are two other recent works. Both are oil. The painting with the Chinese lanterns is 18x 24 and the picture with the peony is 24x 24. Come to think of it, I may have already posted this one, but...what the heck. Hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment