Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The holiday rush begins

The fall weddings are over. The Halloween party is over. Thanksgiving is a week away. If we wait until we have 'time' to paint, it will never happen.

I find myself jumping between oils and watercolor (didnt I ever learn that oil and water dont mix?). Also, I find I waffle between works that take weeks and 'paint a day' type work. I have the time, I wish I had the tenacity to finish a work, even a small work, every day or two.

Here is one of my latest. I rarely paint anything with a thought to it's given ending location. Usually I dont paint for myself anyway, but in this case, I needed something to go over our couch. The room has a lot of roses in it. I am also spoiled in that the house itself often has roses as I have the most generous husband in the world. So, the subject, the color, the size...all came together. Sure, I'd include it in a show and even sell it if the opportunity arose, but for the time being...it's already found its home. I hope you enjoy it.
(Olive Roses. Oil. 36x36)

No comments:

Post a Comment