Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Out of the Zone



A friend of mine asked me to show some of my work that is not my 'usual' work. I have oodles of paintings around the studio and around the house that are not a part of the collection of work that I am trying to build up. for the most part, no one ever sees them. Here are two of those works.















This one ^ is pretty large. It's 36x48 on a pretty thick gallery wrapped stretcher. It's lively and fun and was painted from a tiny scrap of a black and white photo.

This one ^ is 30x36 and was in response to an urge to build up paint. I tend to paint very flat, no brushstrokes. Even though this looks like piled on, it's a relatively flat painting. Certainly more impasto than I'm known for, but in the grand scheme of things, still fairly smooth which I think kind of adds to the movement.
Anyhoo...These are two of the kinds of things I do in response to assignments, challenges, or just a daily whim. enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment