Friday, July 1, 2011

Continuing Ed

Today I went back to school. Well, ok, I just took a tour and spoke to the grad school folks but it's the first step back into the world of academia.
In high school I received a scholarship to Savannah College of ARt and Design. At the time, it just wasnt financially in the cards and I always kind of felt that it was an unfinished...out there.
In 2005, SCAD opened a satellite school in Atlanta. Hello. That's where I live. hmmm...
Everything happens for a reason and maybe the reason we moved back here was its my turn. SCAD has always been my dream school and maybe now I'm ready and SCAD is ready for me. It's daunting. It's easy to say "nah, not right now, it's too expensive, it's too hard, it's too..." but I think it's time. The applications is in. The first born child is signed away. Damnit. I'm goin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment