Friday, July 10, 2009

Todays mini painting


While some of it's big brothers are in drying stages, I've been tackling small paintings. I wont be so bold as to call it a 'painting a day' which I'm sure I wont paint, and also, like a sketch journal, I'm not sure that painting a painting a day solely for the sake of painting one a day is helpful in it's own right. If you want to paint every day a create a painting for the same reason that a runner stretches before a marathon, then I think it is a helpful exercise. If, though, one creates for the sake of a quota or in lieu of other painting, I'm not sure of the purpose.

But, created because I wanted the practice and while I was waiting...here is my small painting for today. This little guy is 5x5 oil on canvas
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment